Friday 3 February 2012

Jess's Quick Fix #1

Hey guys! So I was in the exchange last night with a girlfriend. Let me tell ya, nothing like the shops downtown. (Note to self, head to the Haberdashery ASAP!) After an evening window shopping and wandering, we ended up in Osbourne Village.

Just off Osbourne on Stradbrook is a little place called 'Unburger'. I'd heard of it before, and wasn't too sure what to expect. The only photo I'd ever seen of their food was a burger patty between two peices of lettuce (Not my idea of a good burger, really). We were both starving though, and decided to try it.

The place is probably the most interesting looking restauraunt I've seen. It's all white, red and black. The burgers are really, really well thought out. The have the option of a whole wheat bun, their signature bun, or a lettuce wrap. You can also get Gluten free pitas! The toppings seem pretty much endless. There are beef burgers, chicken burgers, veggie burgers and bison burgers. Your sides are fries, sweet potato fries, or cesar salads. You can choose from beer on tap, water, or coke and sprite in glass bottles (Cool!). I'm sure there are more choices then I saw, but the menu is so full it's almost hard to see it all and make sense of it. Here's a link to the menu.


I had the "Deliciousmosttastious Bacon Cheddar" with a Mini Cesar Salad and a bottle of Coke. The beef was fresh, The cheese was real cheddar (I watched them cutting peices off a big block) and the bacon was cooked to that perfect texture, right in the middle between chewy and crispy. It came with tomato, lettuce and herb mayo on it. It was simple, and it was tasty!

The salad was.. Pretty much just a cersar salad. It was good, and I can't say anything bad about it. It's pretty easy to screw up a cesar, so that's a plus for them.

The service was cool. You walk up to the counter and order your meal like at McDonalds, and they give you a table tag (Which just happens to be a toy. Ours was a blue My Little Pony with rainbow hair. I saw someone with a robot, someone with a turtle, and someone with something completely unidentifiable.). Your order is brought out to you on really nice white rectangular plates, burger on one side, salad in a square bowl on the other side.

The table was a little small, and once the food was on it there was enough room for the plates and drinks... and that's about it. They had big clunky napkin holders on the table that made it hard to communicate with my girlfriend, I almost felt like we were sitting at two different tables.

Still, the quality of the food was more then enough to make me happy. I'll definitely be back for more.


And of course, what's a trip to osbourne without stopping at Baked Expectations for some apple pie to go? :)

1 comment:

  1. We should have moved that napkin holder. Have to say, the caesar salad was the best I'd had - the croutons were house-made out of their signature buns.
    A table next to us had Wolverine (awesome), but seriously- the showcase was their awesome burgers. The Blue&Gold rocked. Fresh meat, fresh bun, tang of Blue Cheese against the sweetness of the balsamic onions, the kick of the chipotle aoli, and the sweet acid of the "fancy tomatoes".
    We gotta work through that menu!

    ReplyDelete